what is the word <$BlogRSDURL$>

what is the word

« ·´ ` · . ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * · . ¸ ¸ . . ¸ ¸ . · * ¨ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( ¸ . · ´ ( ¸ . · * * · . ¸ ) ` · . ¸ ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * · . ¸ ¸ . . ¸ ¸ . · * ¨ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( ¸ . · ´ ( ¸ . · * * · . ¸ ) ` · . ¸ ) . · ´ ` · » «· ´ ` ·. ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * ·.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004




I feel ugly today & I look ugly today. I'm dressed like a third grade teacher from New Mexico & everything about me is wrong. It is always when you are feeling ugliest & looking ugliest that the disgusting motherfuckers who like to make comments from their stoops or their cars decide to become more aggressively disgusting. Fending off dirty assholes when you are in no mood just makes you depressed, makes you hate the world even more. It turns into this spiral of loathing that focuses itself back on you. The worst part is, I believe that that is their intent. I really believe those motherfuckers get off on making us feel like shit about ourselves. I mean, they hardly expect to get a date with that approach.
This website has that fine feminist rallying spirit, but it still doesn't give, as far as I can see, any concrete answers to the questions it poses. I'd like to know, for example, how one would go about Engaging in actions that will make the harassment of women a NOT PLEASANT and NOT REWARDING experience for the harasser, or more importantly, how we are supposed to start Creating an atmosphere in which street harassment is completely socially unacceptable?
I'd like there to be some sort of mark we could give street harassers. When someone robs a bank, doesn't some sort of blue chemical explode all over them, identifying them as the culprit? Couldn't it be something where women were armed with paint guns or something, so when some dude hisses hey mami at us, we could blast him with a very bright dye that never washes out? & thereafter, everyone could see that he was a dirty bastard who had pissed off the wrong woman? I bet almost half the guys in my neighborhood would be covered in the shit, & probably 75% of the ones on my block. Sigh. Tis but a lovely dream. If anyone else has ideas, I want to hear them.

Comments:
A good "fuck-off" never hurt. It is so bad in the morning (construction workers are the worst) that I literally avoid certain blocks on my way to work at 7am. Something needs to be done. We should start a third womens movement.
 
Sometimes saying "fuck off" makes me feel better, but sometimes it just makes me even more depressed. For some reason I feel like for a solution to work, it's going to need to be somehow extreme. I am all about finding a new response to their gross tactics.
 
i had this great idea one day a few months ago that if i had the disposable income i would buy big floppy dildos in bulk and carry around a knapsack full of them to throw at guys who say that shit, i would be like the "Dildo Justice League" or something.
 
OK, now that plan is along the lines of what I was saying! We'll need to start a charity or something to raise money for the dildos. I don't think I have any (to spare). Maybe we should have a bakesale.
 
Wow. that website you linked too is amazing. It makes me want to fight for our right to walk in peace. It happens too often. And why am i showing up as an anon on your site?? this is anise.
 
Word Anise. I thought you were an anonymous woman who was too afraid to step out of the shadows of victimhood to reveal herself. Luckily it is you!
My site is all kinds of fucked up today. I don't know why.
 
Afraid to step out of the shadows I'm not. This morning on my way to work I was thinking about anti-violent solutions, and then I thought that maybe if we just started shooting people our voices would be heard. right? I mean it would be devastating - but women around the country would nod their heads in approval and say "that dirty street crawler deserved it." Maybe violence can change things. Anti-violence is overrated.
 
Lets just start throwing copies of "Our Bodies Ourselves". It's heavy & it's comprehensive. Every woman on the planet should own this book. I actually own 2 editions. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/.
*Hey why do your comments say that I posted at 4am. Way to make me look cool. I might as well go full-on loser and start drunk-blogging.
 
These are all great ideas. I have a copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves as well. That would be a hilarious thing to throw, on several fronts.
The shame headband is a good idea because it definitely marks the person, but it isn't quite violent enough. What about a cattle brand that says "I'm a fag"?
 
Post a Comment

Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005  


i heart blogs: ((mike toole)) ((melly)) ((anise)) ((stuart)) ((bring it)) ((paul)) ((TRUEBOY)) ((morgan)) ((marguerite)) ((dave)) ((apple)) ((antidisestablishmentarian)) ((stacy)) ((brigita)) ((ethan)) ((polly)) ((anna)) ((bill)) ((joe)) ((trish)) ((lisa)) ((the cap'n)) ((nicole)) ((dan)) ((sandy)) ((unRat)) ((the hun)) ((jamie)) ((radiohumper)) ((georgia)) ((the slot)) ((bemsha swing)) ((la coquette)) ((gawker)) ((ryan))

i heart new york: ((blogs to read)) ((necessary)) ((literary)) ((observatory)) ((stuff to do)) ((more stuff to do)) ((don't get lost))

i heart art: ((matt curtis)) ((brad)) ((taxidermy)) ((electric heat)) ((liz mcgrath)) ((FFF)) ((shattered lens)) ((italian marble)) ((artblog))

but most of all, i heart you. thanks for coming.

now give it to me
cos i just want 2 love u

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?