what is the word <$BlogRSDURL$>

what is the word

« ·´ ` · . ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * · . ¸ ¸ . . ¸ ¸ . · * ¨ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( ¸ . · ´ ( ¸ . · * * · . ¸ ) ` · . ¸ ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * · . ¸ ¸ . . ¸ ¸ . · * ¨ ` · » « · ´ ` · . ( ¸ . · ´ ( ¸ . · * * · . ¸ ) ` · . ¸ ) . · ´ ` · » «· ´ ` ·. ( * · . ¸ ( ` · . ¸ ¸ . · ´ ) ¸ . · * ) . · ´ ` · » « · ´ ¨ * ·.

Friday, March 25, 2005

So yesterday I meant to go see Dead Meadow at the Mercury but the only person I asked to go with me couldn't come & then I forgot to bother asking anyone else & then I had a shit day at work & I was all-around bemoaning my shitty day slash life to Belkys & she invited me over for mashed potatoes & artichokes & that kind of sounded like the best thing ever. We drank beers in dark little Kings County & talked about harmless crushes & the futility of plans & by the time we got to her place Jade had nearly finished cooking our dinner. The artichokes were still steaming & we had brought milk & butter for the mashed potatoes but the couscous & the portobello mushrooms & the salad were done & there were crackers on the table with cheese & sausage. Utz the dog was roaming around the kitchen nudging us with his sleek little head & shedding like a madman when you pet him. Dinner was delicious; there was a lot of garlic in the MPs & a lot of soy in the PMs & it got us talking about how Jade having grown up in the Midwest never used to eat garlic or spices or anything like that. Then I remembered something from the year I lived in Nebraska as a child; that when you went to the local cafe & ordered salad what you got was green jell-o with fruit in it (the type I remember looks just like the scary stuff behind the pies here). Jade knew what I was talking about but Belkys was incredulous; she didn't understand how you could order one thing & be presented with another food altogether. I don't think we had a very satisfactory answer to that.
In other news Anise is moving to San Francisco. I'm proud of her for getting a job out there & making such a big move but I'm going to miss her really fiercely. Luckily 2 of my most favoritest things about Anise -- namely, that for every email you send her she writes you an average of three in return, & also, that she sometimes sends you fun surprises via post -- are unlikely to change even tho she's across the country. At least I hope not. Here's a pic of the 2 of us last summer in Brooklyn, wearing revealing little dresses & smoking away. Anise, we have to do that in Cali some day, k?



Comments:
Mmmmm, jello salad!! I don't think I could ever bring myself to eat jello with fruit in it, it looks too much like someone puked in it before they put it in the fridge. This is unrelated, but one time Lisa and I went to this family restaurant and they advertised "Free Ice Cream" with your meal. Yum! So we ordered some shitty food (I mean really) and when we were done, the waitress asked us if we were ready for our ice cream. We said yes, and she brought out two tiny, tiny cups of ice cream. Like a little bit larger than your average thimble. WTF?? Like, thanks for my 1/2 teaspoon of ice cream but no thanks. Bitches.
I guess that story really has nothing to do with anything. Cute picture though!
 
weird melly, we were totally discussing goulash last nite too... jade's dad made a version called "cowboy goulash" with ground beef... & we talked about taco pizza... & beer with tomato juice... & all the other midwestern delites...
trish, your story reminds me of this one time in high school when my friend shannon & i were really stoned & we found this coupon for one free sundae at friendlys. we wolfed it down so fast & we were all bedraggled & broke-looking, the waitress said, "my god, you poor kids are STARVING!" & brought us a cheeseburger & fries, on the house.
well, that was like a happy version of your story. im sorry you & lisa only got a thimbleful of ice cream! you guys deserve so much more!
 
you know, i didn't even have to look at the pic to know that it was ambrosia salad. i made it for our trashy prom party and while we all made fun of it i kept catching my friend from Kalamazoo, Michigan shoveling it in when no one was looking.
 
Sheri, this line totally cracks me up: "i kept catching my friend from Kalamazoo, Michigan shoveling it in when no one was looking."
The picture is so cute I want to cover my mouth and muffle a small scream! (Is that excessive? Hope it's not excessive.)
 
I lived in Kalamazoo, MI before I came to NYC in '83. Until this day, my mom shudders whenever she recalls the "cuisine" of the Midwest. She calls it the "Wonder Bread and Miracle Whip Experience."
 
I don't think I've ever used this word before, but this picture gives me a stiffie.
 
Post a Comment

Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005  


i heart blogs: ((mike toole)) ((melly)) ((anise)) ((stuart)) ((bring it)) ((paul)) ((TRUEBOY)) ((morgan)) ((marguerite)) ((dave)) ((apple)) ((antidisestablishmentarian)) ((stacy)) ((brigita)) ((ethan)) ((polly)) ((anna)) ((bill)) ((joe)) ((trish)) ((lisa)) ((the cap'n)) ((nicole)) ((dan)) ((sandy)) ((unRat)) ((the hun)) ((jamie)) ((radiohumper)) ((georgia)) ((the slot)) ((bemsha swing)) ((la coquette)) ((gawker)) ((ryan))

i heart new york: ((blogs to read)) ((necessary)) ((literary)) ((observatory)) ((stuff to do)) ((more stuff to do)) ((don't get lost))

i heart art: ((matt curtis)) ((brad)) ((taxidermy)) ((electric heat)) ((liz mcgrath)) ((FFF)) ((shattered lens)) ((italian marble)) ((artblog))

but most of all, i heart you. thanks for coming.

now give it to me
cos i just want 2 love u

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?